8/29/2007

Not liking the action

short carry trades yesterday with little interest in doing anything today. I continue to be pesimistic on the broader asset classes and can't see how the US will avoid a recession. Macro views, though, should never influence swing trading but for my core investments, it's worth noting.

Anyway, since this is the first time I throw myself at the blogging gods, perhaps a little background is in order:

  • male, currently 32, living offshore with a rock solid girl who I'll marry someday.
  • "retired" from a major commercial trading floor 18 months ago.
  • what made me to leave a $400K job? Trading rooms are being stripped of talent these days and it's all about sales/flow. 40% of the trades/advise I gave should never have been extended to clients. On top of this, quants' say in any given matter on the job is absolutely idiotic. These people don't know shit about trading, all they have is endless columns of excel-modelled crap. Don't get me wrong, I majored in economics and have a range of models that I utilize every day. But, quants want to put everything into tiny squares and they simply can't fathom the important concept of liquidity.
  • Besides, I guess I always wanted to trade my own money without any interference.
  • FX and equities are my primary markets for short horizon trades. I trade to invest, just like Richard D. Wyckoff. (and yes, "How I Trade And Invest In Stocks And Bonds" by Wyckoff is the best book on the markets ever published)
Later...

No comments: